Frequently Asked Questions
· Please note that you can make a homework request only if your child has been absent for more than 3 days.
· To make a request, call Mrs. Renna in the Guidance Office at 516-434-3272 before 8:00 am on the morning of the 3rd absence.
· Students can make an appointment with their Guidance Counselor in the Broadway, Guidance Suite before school, after school, or during lunch. Students will receive a pass from their counselor on the morning of their visit. This pass must be shown to the classroom teacher before students come to the appointment.
· If there is a problem that needs our immediate attention, we will do our best to meet with you as soon as possible.
· Remedial takes place on Tuesdays and Thursdays during 9th period.
What is MAP?
· MAP stands for Middle School Advisory Program. MAP groups meet daily for 10 minutes and once a month for 26 minutes for special activities. Every MAP group consists of students from each grade level, working with an advisor. The program is designed to have students stay with their MAP group/advisor throughout their middle school years. It provides students with an opportunity to develop relationships and learn from one another’s experiences at different grade levels. MAP activities vary and will engage students in self-reflection, group discussion, organizational tasks, and a range of different activities.